Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stepmom Group!

I am so happy to have found a stepmom group where I live. We have met up only a few times, but you can always tell there is an immediate kin-ship with each other knowing we all have something so major in common. It's amazing how different everyone's situations are, but are so similar at the same time. It has been really difficult to have friends that don't really know the kind of issues I have to deal with by becoming a stepmom, and I just wanted to give a quick THANKS and HUGS to all the women I have been meeting along this journey. If you are not part of a group of stepmoms, I HIGHLY recommend you start a group or join a group. It's like great therapy with women who understand you, and you can drink at the same time :)

2 comments:

  1. i would be lost without my mom's group. i could not agree with you more about the benefit of joining or starting a group and so glad you found yours.
    - s

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. I wonder if I have one in my area...

    ReplyDelete